Posts Tagged ‘Pharmaceutical Companies’
The pharmacists are the medical personnel practicing pharmacy. One can become a pharmacist by completing the pharmacist course in different pharmacy schools in California, Florida, Illinois or any other states. The pharmacists can be found working in different private and community pharmacies, pharmacy chain, clinical hospital or pharmaceutical companies. Along with that, they may also be found working as a consultant in different hospitals, relief programs or research projects. Being a pharmacist the major duties one has to perform include offering the prescribed medicines to the customers. The medications are prescribed by the doctors and the pharmacists are not supposed to give the medicines to customers without any prescriptions. There are other types of pharmacists available such as nuclear medicine technologists who specialize in nuclear medicine.
Some of the basic duties a pharmacist has to do in any kind of organizations include:
- Keeping account of all the medicines in store, checking the inventory level of medicines and re-ordering them if needed
- Displaying and selling some types of health related machines such as blood pressure measuring machines and educating the advantages and use of those products
- Explaining customers about the type of medicine, time interval for each dose and also the advantages and side effects it may cause. The pharmacists are responsible for the all the medications he provided. So, he should be careful while mixing the medicines and providing them. Along, with the basic duties, the pharmacists also have to perform other more duties which are provided in the pharmacist job description.
However, the duties that are required by the pharmacist job description are:
Recommended Pharmacy Technician Schools!
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
Jobs in healthcare and social assistance are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010-2020 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In order to address the rapidly growing need for career-ready professionals in many exciting fields, UMA offers associate degrees that can be earned in as few as 15 months.
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
- Pharmacy Technician Program
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
Dispensing of Medicines:
As we discussed above, this is the most basic and prime duty of pharmacist provided in any type of pharmacist job description. The pharmacists always have to dispense the correct and safe type of medicines to the customers. However, they are not allowed to provide some kind of high power drugs or medicines with the referral of the doctors.
Being a pharmacist, the individual always has to check the stock of the medicines. Check all the medicines with nearing expiry dates. The expired medicines should be disposed in the proper and safe way. Besides, checking the expiry dates of the medicines, the pharmacists also have to check inventory level in regular basis. If any of the medicines is likely to be out of stock, then it is the duty of pharmacists to place the order for such kind of medicines.
Abiding by Law:
The pharmacists should always be abided by the law which means along with not committing any type of felony charges, they should also not sell any type of illegal drugs to any type of customers or patients. So, they should maintain all the information about the legal drugs in a register.
Some pharmacists may have to perform the duties of supervising the new pharmacists working at the entry level. Along with that, they may also have to supervise the pharmacy technicians or any other staff who work as an assistant to you. The pharmacists have to explain about the available products, way of storing them and various other things.